On March 18 we returned from vacation in Aruba.Vacation was great!

HomeAway not so much. When booking, HomeAway charged me refundable security deposit of 200 euro. ($213 and change). During checkout the property manager (owner apparently leaves in Netherlands) checked that everything is fine and I will be refunded deposit.

I contacted owner through HomeAway asking if everything OK and she said that HomeAway will refund us security deposit. When I called HomeAway on March 23, I was told to wait till 10 days expire. I called them aagain on March 31 and told that they will contact owner and she will authorize refund OR, if they don’t hear back from the owner, they will refund money no later than within a week. Today I received note from them, telling that owner did not respond and I must contact her directly.

I never contacted owner directly, only thru HA, my card was charged by HomeAway, if the owner did not respond to HomeAway, there is no reason to believe she will respond to me.

The agent I spoke today was -- as usually -- of no help, so I had to submit a dispute to MasterCard.Resume: find better rental provider for your next vacation, unless you want to go jump through the hoops trying to get your deposit back.

Review about: Homeaway Property Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Homeaway?

Comments

I attempted to rent a condo in Gatlinburg for a September visit.I did not like the requirement of this up front service fee, but went a head and charged to my cc.

However, the reservation did not work out and I cancelled the reservation because the owner was attempting to charge us almost $100 more than the website showed. Now Ive been trying to make sure this so called service fee charge is removed. I've been sent from person to person chasing my tail still with no confirmation. Foreign no service service.

These folks are scammers and should not be trusted.

The sad thing is that when VRBO was independent I used that website all the time and never had a problem.I won't be using them anymore.