Update added by user Dec 31, 2011
No response from Mr Sapp. He changed the reviews on the Home Away site to another of his units. I have had luck with Senator Liz Krueger\'s office and the Mayor\'s Office of Special Enforcement and tax officials.
Original review posted by user Nov 22, 2011
I rented an apartment 9-24-11-10-05-11 from Lamar Sapp through Home Away.We we arrived at the apartment we found that there was no towels or clean bed linens.
The pillows and mattress pad had nasty stains on them that were disgusting. We notified Mr Sapp with no response. Since we had paid for the stay in full we did not have the option of staying elsewhere. We went out and purchased towels and wash cloths and a smoke detector because the apartment did not have one and you could smell cigerette smoking fron another apartment late at night.
When we returned home I contacted Home Away to file these complaints, no towels, dirty linens, cigarette smoke (this apartment was listed as non smoking) unusable balcony because mildew covered the furniture, no WI-Fi or t.v Smell from bathroom came from *** covered plunger next to toilet. Deposit not returned within the time listed on our contract and not in full. Home Away would not accept the complaint because Mr Sapp said we never stayed in the unit once he found out that the review was going to be negative. Home Away forwards all info sent to them from renters to owners of property.
We sent photos of the apartment, Pay Pal receipt, contract,emails from Mr Sapp and Western Union receipts when the deposit was returned. Home Away will not post our feedback because they say I have not supplied enough documentation of my stay.
Home Away will not post negitive feedback because they want to keep their rental fees from the apartment listing.Don't trust the reviews or descriptions of the listing on this site.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Vacation Rental
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "We've been "vacation rental" owners since 1995, we started our business when very few people in our area were doing this. The early companies provided a nice format for..."
- "See dirt in pictures below. Air filter was matted. Furniture was broken see master bed propped up on logs. Dish washer was full of water, we cleaned..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "Banner says -FREE shipping, NO MINIMUM 'til Dec 21 but I was charged shipping. When I complained received the following. "After paying the $4.99 shipping fee, you will receive free..."
- "I recently went thru one of your drive thrus in norfolk va. Store #5364 monday oct.26th 2015 and when i got to the order screen i asked politely as ever..."
- "We rented 248 W 21st St Apt C New York for 9-24-11 to 10-5-11 for our visit to NYC. We found this unit on Home Away. When we arrived we..."