Update by user Dec 31, 2011

No response from Mr Sapp. He changed the reviews on the Home Away site to another of his units. I have had luck with Senator Liz Krueger\'s office and the Mayor\'s Office of Special Enforcement and tax officials.

Original review posted by user Nov 22, 2011

I rented an apartment 9-24-11-10-05-11 from Lamar Sapp through Home Away.We we arrived at the apartment we found that there was no towels or clean bed linens.

The pillows and mattress pad had nasty stains on them that were disgusting. We notified Mr Sapp with no response. Since we had paid for the stay in full we did not have the option of staying elsewhere. We went out and purchased towels and wash cloths and a smoke detector because the apartment did not have one and you could smell cigerette smoking fron another apartment late at night.

When we returned home I contacted Home Away to file these complaints, no towels, dirty linens, cigarette smoke (this apartment was listed as non smoking) unusable balcony because mildew covered the furniture, no WI-Fi or t.v Smell from bathroom came from *** covered plunger next to toilet. Deposit not returned within the time listed on our contract and not in full. Home Away would not accept the complaint because Mr Sapp said we never stayed in the unit once he found out that the review was going to be negative. Home Away forwards all info sent to them from renters to owners of property.

We sent photos of the apartment, Pay Pal receipt, contract,emails from Mr Sapp and Western Union receipts when the deposit was returned. Home Away will not post our feedback because they say I have not supplied enough documentation of my stay.

Home Away will not post negitive feedback because they want to keep their rental fees from the apartment listing.Don't trust the reviews or descriptions of the listing on this site.

Review about: Homeaway Property Listing.

Had an Experience with Homeaway?

Comments