HomeAway/VRBO has become an Arrogant, Manipulating, Fraudulent Company ~ Monopolizing the Vacation Rental Industry!
We've been "vacation rental" owners since 1995, we started our business when very few people in our area were doing this.The early companies provided a nice format for listing your rentals, the person inquiring could communicate directly with us, we weren't required to pay a fee for each booking AND a yearly (overpriced) fee to list our rentals and we, the vacation rental owners, were in charge of our business.
As the business has grown and prospered over the last 15 - 20 years many of the companies like HomeAway/VRBO, TripAdvisor, Airbnb and Booking.com have entered into the picture and have literally pushed the rental owners aside in their efforts to control, manipulate and "own" this business...literally take it away from the owners. HomeAway created a 4-tier listing agreement where you can choose the exposure level you want to pay for, these prices go all the way up to $1600 if you choose to add VRBO and VacationRentals to your listing level. The big "lie" here is that no matter which level you choose, your property is buried among the 866 other vacation rnetals listed on their site (for the Nashville, TN area). There's no guarantee that the price you paid for your rental to show up when a potential customer is searcing for a place, UNLESS they are very knowledgable and saavy about how these sites work.
Greed is a powerful motivator and it's obvious these companies have no morals and care very little about the hard-working people who provide rentals for travelers. Many travelers prefer a privately owned place to stay instead of one of the big chain hotels or motels. TripAdvisor & Airbnb have taken "control" to a new level, by hiding the inquirer's email address and phone number until you've agreed to the booking. They even penalize you if you take what they consider "too long" to respond to an inquiry (regardless if it came in at 3 AM while you're sleeping).
I absolutely loathe these companies for what they're doing to the rental owners and the way they are monopolizing the vacation rental businesses.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Homeaway Property Listing
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "I travel a lot for business, I am away from home non stop, always on flights and in hotels. I use Priceline, and Orbitz quite often. A friend referred me..."
- "It appears that “Las Palmas Travel Network” (LPTN) may be a new scam connected to what’s going on at Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka Bahia Turquesas). ** Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka..."
- "The word ‘resort’ is used very loosely here. We stayed July 10, 2016 – July 12, 2016. • TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!! THIS PLACE DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS!! • Used Priceline for booking..."
- "Look up on internet George Doyle, Brian Ashford-selling sick-half dead pups! The pics you see are Fake! They are being sued Again! they just got over $1200 out of me...."
- "Terrible, I have been trying to contact nabi for several days, on hold for hours!!! I have taken screenshots with hold times. I have purchased 2 dark side tablets on..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."