HomeAway/VRBO has become an Arrogant, Manipulating, Fraudulent Company ~ Monopolizing the Vacation Rental Industry!
We've been "vacation rental" owners since 1995, we started our business when very few people in our area were doing this.The early companies provided a nice format for listing your rentals, the person inquiring could communicate directly with us, we weren't required to pay a fee for each booking AND a yearly (overpriced) fee to list our rentals and we, the vacation rental owners, were in charge of our business.
As the business has grown and prospered over the last 15 - 20 years many of the companies like HomeAway/VRBO, TripAdvisor, Airbnb and Booking.com have entered into the picture and have literally pushed the rental owners aside in their efforts to control, manipulate and "own" this business...literally take it away from the owners. HomeAway created a 4-tier listing agreement where you can choose the exposure level you want to pay for, these prices go all the way up to $1600 if you choose to add VRBO and VacationRentals to your listing level. The big "lie" here is that no matter which level you choose, your property is buried among the 866 other vacation rnetals listed on their site (for the Nashville, TN area). There's no guarantee that the price you paid for your rental to show up when a potential customer is searcing for a place, UNLESS they are very knowledgable and saavy about how these sites work.
Greed is a powerful motivator and it's obvious these companies have no morals and care very little about the hard-working people who provide rentals for travelers. Many travelers prefer a privately owned place to stay instead of one of the big chain hotels or motels. TripAdvisor & Airbnb have taken "control" to a new level, by hiding the inquirer's email address and phone number until you've agreed to the booking. They even penalize you if you take what they consider "too long" to respond to an inquiry (regardless if it came in at 3 AM while you're sleeping).
I absolutely loathe these companies for what they're doing to the rental owners and the way they are monopolizing the vacation rental businesses.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Homeaway Property Listing
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "This report concerns a bed and breakfast (B&B) located at 48 Via Romana, Florence, Tuscany, 50125 Italy. The B&B is operated by Valerie and is named "Bellissima grande stanza..."
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "Terrible, I have been trying to contact nabi for several days, on hold for hours!!! I have taken screenshots with hold times. I have purchased 2 dark side tablets on..."
- "Look up on internet George Doyle, Brian Ashford-selling sick-half dead pups! The pics you see are Fake! They are being sued Again! they just got over $1200 out of me...."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."