1.2

Update by user Sep 01

I have settle, Please remove my review NOW!!

Original review posted by user Aug 02

The Loon's Nest, Is it really worth Fourteen Hundred Dollars for a week ?

With that being said, let us begin shall we. After viewing the pictures of the loon's nest on Vrbo ( 823576 ) and the written description of the Cottage I threw caution to the wind and summitted

my Vacation week request, and I was Booked ( ha-9llnpgs ).

Now if I would have let my years of experience in observation and training kick in I would not be writing this review. Like the old saying goes, if it walks like a Duck, quakes like a Duck, really doesn't make it a Duck.

First off the reviewers posted on vrbo were all positive, not one negative remark, which is one big red flag..But like I said, I was throwing caution to the wind, and besides with the Wife and I not having a real Vacation in years, and both of us really like fishing, just the though of a dock for my wife to sit on, and maybe a row boat I might be able to get her in even with her disables,

The pictures of the dock are miss leading, the dock of today is unstable, meaning it sways as you get near the end of it, and it slopes to the right.

The chairs on the dock required two cushions to seat on it, not good. I've also notice the boat had only one anchor, you need two or you will spin around as you try to fish. I had spoken to the owner about

this prier about this, way before, an requested a another anchor.

The pictures of the interior of the cottage are also miss leading as well, being there is now a rocking chair that dates back too the mid 70es, another rocking chair that I would say the same age as well, with a wood screw that was us to repair it now falling out of the back of the arm rest.

The Couch ( hide a bed ) may at one time been great ( also as seen in the posted photos ) but now has holes in it, five as of my last count with the seat cushions well worn.

The Kitchen was stock with glasses from a Restaurant that once was on 24th street on Capital Dr, in

Milwaukee, Wis called Loui Valpano Cocktail lounge & Restaurant, which open some time in the 1940's and close in the mid to early 60's after his passing.

The dinning plates were produce some time between 1986 to1999 ( Inter National Hartland SY-7774 ) and at one time was top of the line in dinning ware ( made in the USA )

A note on the cupped door advices that the dishes & silver ware have not been sanities, and only

washed, and gives Instruction on how to sanities them. That is suppose to be done by the owner .

A note in the bathroom I found very amusing, pasted right by the toilet with more or less a plea to watch how much toilet paper you use for the septic system is delict ! a baby is delict, as well as a rose, but a Septic system ?

A large info letter stating it was our reasonable to take our trash and recyclable's with us and two

places which will take them at cost and if we left the trash it would cost us twenty five dollars off

our deposit. I left it, all bag. This should have been menschen on the web page posted, or factor

in on the price of the rental.

The cottage needed a good cleaning, dead bugs from spiders in the over head lights, as well as under the beds, by the water heater, as well as the TV, which brings up another thing. The TV, you had to turn up the Volume to 90 percent to hear it, a very old Sanyo set to say the least.

Would I say this cottage was worth fourteen hundred for a week ? Not a snow ball chance in *** !! pardon my French.

Mr. Gary C. Malachowski garymalachowski@att.net

P. S. I have a Pictures.

I didn't like: I did not like.

Comments