I have a single room renting to help with my monthly rent living here in NYC, everyone knows how tough this state is and how expensive everything is, I don't have a luxury condo, apartment or hotel/motel, it's just a single room, I went online searching how to make extra money and I saw homeaway/yapstone in a listing of rentals smh, I cursed the day I found them....

First off when I had my listing to there scamming organization they quickly booked my rooms out, first I didn't even know it was booked, no emails, no text, no calls but now I am glad I never received those guest, further on a guest contacted me saying they was supposed to stay at my house I then called in to find out the situation that's when I found out I had previous guest without any notification, then they fix the issue of me not getting an alert, I personally told them return theses people money I do hope they got it, fast forward to now they booked three guest for my home, two came and stayed that was in October when I asked about my payment they said it will take 30days for the funds to be released and 5 to 7 business days for it to be in my bank account that's been almost 2months and I am yet to see a single dime in my account, I called in numerous times and each time they said I need some kind of documents for it to be released after I provide all they said I need they give another time frame(lies) when the money is to be in my account I waited and waited and nothing, each time no money, I called a few days ago and I heard on their automated system they saying advanced pay I ask what was that about,they said if you the host want to get their money quickly without the hassle there's a yearly subscription of $499, that's when I fully understand that this company HOMEAWAY/VRBO/YAPSTONE are scammers, they torture ur payments, put you through stress, lie to you all the time, used ur home to scam guest and hosts for their convenience and there is nothing that can be done. Now for the third guest, luckily that was stopped, that guest stole someone card and made the reservation and the person whom the card had belonged to stop payment before that person was checked in, now did Homeaway/Yapstone get to the bottom of this and rectify the problem no, they went behind my back dipped into my account and took money out without my permission and claimed I have to pay for that fraud when it was in no way my concerns or problem, after being on the phone hours about this they were heartless clearly saying I have to pay for something I have no control over, so i called my bank and explained and they blocked them and got my money returned to me.

Now you see the scam that am dealing with, they can send people to my home, they collect the money find every way under the sun for me not to get my payments, charge me for their mishandlings and has scammers talking to me on the phone as if am stupid, directly saying pay for yearly subscription of $499 if you do not want this problem again of not receiving your money, they are heartless, thieves, scammers and liars...up to this day I haven't receive a dime after hosting those two guest almost two months now. So pls share this with whom you can and stay away from these people, all of the representatives I have spoken with seems that there in another country not from the USA and that's another red flag that HOMEAWAY/YAPSTONE are scammers, stay away!!!!!!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 05.

Comments